Dear Elder Wilcox:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the
Texas McAllen Mission. (Spanish Speaking)

Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Preparing for the MTC

Today was a very hard but amazing day. We had so much to do to get Skyler ready to leave for his mission tomorrow. We kept busy all morning trying to get everything organized and packed. Around noon, my mom came over. She brought Skyler a chocolate cake and some raspberries.

Then we all went out to eat at Angies.

Some of us had lunch and some had breakfast.
It was yummy!

Since I didn't have time to teach Sky how to iron and sew on a button, I asked my mom if she would fill in for me. Sky looks really thrilled.

Skyler's suitcases were almost packed. This was a very hard job for me. It's hard enough to pack for two years and not have your suitcases weigh over 50 lbs. each but its even harder to pack to say goodbye for two years.

Later that night, around 6:30, President Hobbs came over to our house to set Skyler apart as a missionary. We invited Mimi and Papa and Grandma to share this special occasion with us.

President Hobbs gave Skyler an amazing blessing. He blessed him from the crown of his head to the souls of his feet. He also blessed him with good companions, good health, to overcome homesickness quickly and many more blessings that he needed.

Sheldon giving his missionary son a hug.

The four musketeers

Skyler and his Grandma who loves him very much.

Brittanee was having a hard time.
She is really going to miss her brother tons.

Proud parents of Elder Wilcox

Bryce, Shelynne and Skyler.

My amazing children.
I couldn't ask for better kids.

Shelynne is going to miss her younger brother.

Group Hug!

Mimi, Papa and Skyler.
They are so proud of him.

"Our Family Tree"

Elder Wilcox and me.
I sure love this boy!

We had raspberry shortcake afterwards. I knew it didn't matter what I served as long as it had raspberries in it for Skyler. They are his favorite.

It was so great to have Bryce here helping us and answering all of our questions. He actually started Skyler with his first tie swap. Bryce let Skyler pick one of his ties to take on his mission. I guess this is what the missionaries do in the field. Of course Sky picked the one that had crimson and gold to remind him of Logan High School.

Skyler and his older brother, Bryce

Today was a very special day that we will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment