Dear Elder Wilcox:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the
Texas McAllen Mission. (Spanish Speaking)

Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mailing Sky's First Package to Texas

Britt and I had a fun time getting Skyler's package ready to send. We had to go to Walmart to get some bedding stuff and after we found that stuff I said we should send him something to do with Texas. Then I remembered how much he liked Macaroni and Cheese and I just said we should send him some of that. Britt just looked at me like I was up in the night. She was wondering what mac and cheese had to do with Texas. It really didn't but it did give us a good idea. Britt said we should send him lots of different things that spelled out the words "Texas McAllen". We had a fun time going all over the store finding things that either started with or had one of the letters in it. Finally after about and hour, we got all the items and checked out. Then we came home and started fixing the package. Britt covered up all the other letters on each item that didn't pertain to our words. By the time we got done, it looked like this.

TEXAS

MCALLEN

Sure hope Sky has fun with this package when he gets to Texas.

So we put all our stuff into a bag and went to the Providence Post Office. I really like going there because they are so helpful. We walked in and saw the same lady we have worked with a lot. We showed her all the stuff we had to send and she said to us, "I just love a good challenge". She was amazing! She stuffed a blanket, a pillowcase, two sheets, a bed pad and all of our items except one into this box. There were 14 things in this one box. We had to send the box of cereal in a separate envelope because it was the only thing that didn't fit.

Britt filling out the label for Skyler's package and the post office lady being a good sport. I should get to know her name because she is going to be seeing a lot more of us. I can't wait to see what she does with our Christmas packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment